Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wrinkle Releaser Swap

Wrinkly laundry plagues our house.

I have no problem throwing clothes in the washer. There is no issue with putting clothes into the dryer. But once the clothes are removed from the dryer, that's where our problems begin. I hate folding and putting away laundry. I haaaaaate it with a passion. And the rest of the members of this household have no love for the task either. I'm not a dummy, I know we could just take the laundry out of the dryer immediately after it finishes it's cycle, hang everything up and avoid the majority of wrinkles, but then how would we ever keep up with all the tv shows we have stockpiled on Tivo? You have to have priorities.



Around our house, Downy Wrinkle Releaser is like liquid gold, and for as much as we use it, $6.99 per bottle makes is seem just as costly.  A couple years ago, my mom told me about Dollar General's store brand version, DG Home Wrinkle Releaser, and it only costs $1.75 per bottle. The Dollar General version works just as well as Downy's for less than half the cost. And it's easier to find. I don't know how many times I would go scouring the shelves of Walmart or Target looking for Downy Wrinkle Releaser only to find out that it was sold out. Do you know the kind of stress that can put on a person who knows they have 3 baskets of clean, but oh so wrinkled, laundry at home?

If you have never used a spray wrinkle releaser before, you are missing out. It is so convenient for most clothes.  All I do is spray the item of clothing liberally, stretch the fabric by tugging on the sides and then the top and bottom, then smooth out the fabric and let it hang dry (or pop it in the dryer for a few minutes if you are short on time). We even use it as mist while ironing dress shirts and pants. It takes out the worst wrinkles and leaves clothes smelling like they just came out of the dryer.  


1 comment:

  1. I also like the SH wrinkle release spray. I use quite a bit for my young son for school clothes. I've used it for myself as well. I person find it much easier because I don't own an ironing board,and because I'm legally blind. The last thing I need happening is dropping a hot iron on myself,or my son burning himself. I recommend the spray to many people. I just wish that Dollar General has the spray for purchasing on their website.

    ReplyDelete